Thursday, July 7, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time

Good morning bloggers!  Today is a new Throwback Thursday Challenge with My Creative Time!  This time the challenge is to make a project with either the "Wild Card" or "Just Because" Cartridges.  If you do not own one of these you may use any older cartridge of your choice.   You also must include some kind of embossing on the project.  It can be either "Heat" or "Dry" embossing.

Whoever enters a project in this challenge will have an opportunity to be entered to win Emma's 8th stamp release which is happening on July 22nd!  Deadline to enter this challenge is Wednesday, July 20th!

Today I am showcasing My Creative Time's "Encouraging Quotes" stamp set.  I decided to do a mini album.  For my embossing part of the challenge I used the sun, moon and stars from the stamp set to create an embossed  background paper as well as some dry embossing on the rocket.   I also used some of the sentiments from this wonderful set throughout the mini album as well as Emma's new Curly Label Die.






Materials:
My Creative Time Stamp Sets -  "Encouraging Quotes", "Inspiring Words Accents" and "My favorite Sayings"
Curly Label Die  -  My Creative Time
Just Because Cricut Cartridge for Rocket cut at
4x6 chipboard and mini manila folder from Joann
Blast Off Collection  -  Bo Bunny
All Cardstock and ribbon from Papertrey Ink
Tonic Distress Tool
Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks
Real Red stamp pad from SU
Memento Black Tuxedo Stamp pad
Versamark Dazzle Watermark pad
Embossing Powder
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Christmas Red and Yellow Stickles
Crop-a-Dial, eyelets and clip rings for binding
Ric Rac and brad from my stash

Please hop on over to My Creative Time to see what Emma and the Design Team have created for you to see.  I appreciate all my followers and read every comment.  Thank you to all who come to visit!!!

Please join us tonight at 7PM EST for the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop.  The new design team has some wonderful creations for you to see!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Love and Hugs,
Cathryn :)

12 comments:

Jayne said...

Great minibook. Your rocket and all the colours are lovely and vibrant. All the quotes and sentiments are just perfect with it.

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely adorable mini-album! Each sentiment is just perfect, and I love the papers you used!

jen said...

Cathryn you did a fabulous job on this mini-album.... Love everything about it!!!
hugs,jen

Glora said...

Cathryn, this is yet another fabulous mini-album. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

OMG such a gorgeous mini-album. Love it.

Hugs
Kate

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Cathryn,WOW all the details are just so WONDERFUL!It sooo Flippin' COOL,and the ribbons are fun!As always AMAZING job my friend!!:)

Shar said...

FAB book, Cathryn!!! I love the theme and the colors and all the sentiments....great job!!

Shar

Lisa said...

WOW what a cute book, love that rocket. Great colors.

Sherrie K. said...

I LOVE your mini~so adorable Cathryn!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Lovell said...

Cathryn,i love this minibook!! I totaly love the colors and the ribbons!! Beautiful job!!! :) :)
A Big Hug,
Cindy

Cre8tiveVet said...

Your minibook is fabulous! I love all of the bright colors. Great job! -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is looks fan-freakin-tastic!!! You did a phenomenal job :)