Sunday, July 3, 2011

Watermelon Card

Happy Holiday Weekend!  I made this "sweet" card for a friend recently.  I thought it was a fitting project to post for this bar-b-que weekend!


Materials:
Sentiment - "This & That" stamp set, My Creative Time
Cricut Cartridge Doodlecharms for watermelon cut at 4.75"
Gypsy to weld into a shaped card
Cardstock - Ripe Avocado, PTI
Patterned Paper - Lime Twist, My Minds Eye
Buttons - Hibiscus Burst, PTI
Ribbon - Celebrations, Michaels
Button Twine, PTI
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
White Gel Pen

Happy July 4th!!!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!!!
Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

17 comments:

Sonya said...

So very cute!!!

jen said...

Oh my gosh this is so cute!!! Happy 4th!!!
hugs,jen

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

What a darling card! Happy 4th!

Amanda said...

Very cute!!!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Oh wow! This is sooooo sweet! It is perfect for this weekend!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Amber

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Cathryn,Oh my this is such a SWEET card!I LOVE your idea for this project with the ribbon and buttons,Too CUTE!Have a SUPER 4th of July!:)

Shar said...

this could not possibly be any cuter! Just a little note to say I WILL be scraplifting! :) Adorableness and beyond!!!

Shar

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

I LOVE this!!! I love how you used ribbon and the sentiment is in the perfect place! I am looking forward to working with you on the Whimsical Wednesday DT. Melanie
http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Very sweet! Love your button seeds! Thanks for playing along with BBTB2. Enjoy your 4th!xxD

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What an adorable card Cathryn... so creative using the buttons for the seeds... hope you have a FABULOUS 4th.. hugs

Anonymous said...

LOVE how you made your watermelon with the ribbon and buttons. So pretty! :-)

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I just love what you have done with the ribbon.

jessica said...

Love this Cathryn! The ribbon is perfect!! Congrats on another WW DT term...So glad to be working with you again :)

Crafting Katie said...

How beautiful! I love what you did with the ribbon!

Glora said...

Aw this is just too perfect! That ribbon makes it AMAZING!!!! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

L.B. said...

Love the colors and the ribbion.Just could eat it up.

A Little Time said...

Very cute! I love the seeds and I love how you distressed the rind. It almost looks like you used ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.