Wednesday, October 12, 2011

No Tricks, Just Treats - Whimsical Wednesday Challenge #27

Good morning!  Welcome to a new Whimsical Wednesday Challenge -  "No Tricks, Just Treats".  The Challenge is to create a project that is a fun way to wrap up a treat.
I used my Gypsy to create a treat holder tag.  I used the fence from the Wrap it Up Cartridge.  I flipped it and welded it to a tag.  I then scored it at the point where I welded the shapes together.  Bent the fence up and attached it to the back with some eyelets.


My Supplies:
Cricut Cartridges: Happy Hauntings and Wrap it Up
Sentiment  -  Digital Stamp from The Cutting Cafe
Pumpkin Stamp  -  Peachy Keen Stamps Faceless Fall Fun PKS-647
Pumpkin Face  -  Carved and Candlelit, Stampin Up
Ghosts and Goblins Matstack  -  DCWV
True Black, New Leaf and Ripe Avocado Cardstock  -  Papertrey Ink
Crinkle Ribbon  -  Prairie Bird Boutique
Halloween Twine  -  Trendy Twine
Copic Markers
Halloween Ribbon - Celebrate It, Michaels
Black Diamond and Green Stickles
Broken China Distress Ink


For these tags I also used the Stitched Circle Die from My Creative Time for the moon and PK-552 Cut-out Pumpkin Faces from Peachy Keen Stamps.  The leaf ribbon is from Papertrey Ink.

For a random winner this week our generous sponsors have donated:
Winners pick of 3 cut files from The Cutting Cafe
One bundle of Shabby Crinkle Ribbon from The Prairie Bird Boutique

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects over at Whimsical Wednesdays.  We hope you link up a project and play along with us.  Have a great day!
Love and Hugs,
Cathryn :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Cathryn you did not miss one detail on this! Perfect cute.. Frankie is one of my favorites. I love what you have done with the ribbon, and the twine. Great use of Reginas tag, nice touch adding the button! Great job with the challenge! Hugs.

joni said...

Totally cute Cathryn!!! I love everything about this!!! Your lil Frankie is just so cute!!! I really love that leaf ribbon too..a must have! Awesome job!!!
hugs,
joni

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Cathryn!

Your tag is so cute! That Frankie is so fun!

Ruthie :)

Jayne said...

Love these!I really like how you flipped and welded the fence to the tag.Frankie looks awesome.
Jayne x

Kate said...

Cathryn this is so cute. I love all your details on this. Just Awesome

Hugs,
Kate

Glora said...

This is PERFECT and total genius. I absolutely love how you made your own treat container! Amazing job with all of those little details. You are AMAZING! Hugs- Glora

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness these are to stinkin cute!! you did an awesome job my friend. I love all the details :)

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Cathryn,Your projects are soo FANTASTIC great job with both,I TOTALLY LOVE your Frankie and all the great details you used,Just AMAZING as always my friend!

Trisha Jensen said...

very cute projects! I love the ribbons, and the overall look to them. Frankie looks great too!

Trisha
tjscrappin at yahoo dot com

GiGi said...

These are so awesome! I love the tag and the treats behind the fence! So So cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Love this Cathryn!! Your Frankie is adorable. Also love the pumpkin, ribbon and twine! Looks awesome..cute idea! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

*Star said...

So super cute!! I love how spooky yet cute the Frankie is. Everything about this is so perfect! Tfs and have a great day. :)

Cassandra said...

How cute....love all the detail. Nice job :)

Cassandra

Leanne said...

Absolutely LOVE both of these tags!! They are super, super cute! I love Frankie and love how you did the leaf ribbon around the fence on the second card! Hugs, Leanne

Anonymous said...

your tags are awesome! TFS :-)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Oh my, these tags are TOO STINKIN' CUTE!

June Houck said...

I love your Frankenstein!!!

shelly said...

cathryn these are awesome i love them! such great details and awesome you created your own treat container. have a fun day :)