Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge - Take Shape

Good Morning and welcome to the next Whimsical Wednesday Challenge!  This week our challenge is to make a shaped card.  I love to make these cards because I "have" to use my Gypsy!!!  I decided to make a Father's Day theme because that's the next bunch of cards I need.
The fishing pole and fish were cut out twice and layered for extra dimension.  Then I added some glossy accents to parts of the fishing pole.



Materials:
Cricut Cartridges   Boys Will Be Boys and Elegant Edges
Cardstock  Paper Trey Ink - Dark Chocolate and Kraft
Patterned Paper  DCWV - Guy Stack
1 1/8" Circle Punch
Glossy Accents
IRock

Please be sure to visit the Whimsical Wednesday Blog to see what the rest of our Design Team had created!  All of the details of the challenge, the prize and the link for your project are listed.  We can't wait to see what you will come up with!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic shape card! I love the creativity of it. I have to get the elegant edges cart. I tried to but it is sold out in most place. I love the papers and the colors you used for this card. The fish and fishing pole is perfect on the shape you chose. You totally rocked it and managed to make a masculine card!:)

Hugs,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Love the selection of cuts and carts that you used, Cathryn! What a great masculine card! Dig the papers and inking and the layers are fantastic!

Charlotte said...

Cathryn,

This is such a cute card. I love the fishing pole and the way you added the glossy accents! It just gives it the perfect look. Your colors are so pretty too.
Charlotte

Glora said...

Sweet! This is such a fun shaped card. I LOVE it! If you are clear up to Father's Day cards then you are super organized and I love it. Teach me how you do it all? This card could not be more perfect for Father's Day. Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

What a great man card!

Cheryl said...

Love everything about this card but especially the shape

GiGi said...

This is such a neat card! I love the shape of it and the "manly" design and colors! Great job!

Cely said...

Great color scheme and paper choices! I'm so afraid to use pattern paper in my cricut cuts because I don't have the best eye for colors and matching! This is perfect! TFS!

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Cathryn,Your card is soo cool!Great job with this challenge,I love the shape and the little fish!!!Have a super day my friend!:)

Kim H said...

Cathryn, this is just perfect! I love the shape, the papers, the extra details and that you are already starting Father's Day cards! OH my... you are to good! I am in love with that paper! Great job again!

Donya/Okscrappinmama said...

That is such a cooll shaped card and I love the colors!

Donya

Esther said...

Wow, this card is fantastic!! Love all the detail you put into it!!!

Kate said...

This card looks Great. Love it. Definitely need to get the Elegant Edges, if I can every find it.

Hugs
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

I LOVE this card! The colors are perfect, and that shape is awesome! I definitely need to get Elegant Edges.

4kids4 said...

Love the muted colors on this card...and the Elegant Edges shape is very cool! I tried to buy this cartridge this week, but it's not in stock anywhere!! Glad you have one! :-) TFS!

~Sharon C.

*Star said...

Awesome card and perfect for father's day! I am so in love with the shape of this card!! amazing! Tfs and have a great day. :)

Kim H said...

Cathryn~ I LOVE your card! The shape, the colrs and how masculine it is! WOW! What A fantastic job again! I left a comment before but blogger just kicked it out! UGH! SO I am making my rounds AGAIN! As always love everything you create!