Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cheese Doodle Carrots - Happy Easter!!!

Hello!  Happy Easter!  Today I have some "Carrots" I made for some of the kiddos in my family!  What I did was use some icing bags from the cake section of my craft store.  I got about 3 carrots from a bag of crunchy cheese doodles.


 

 
First I filled the icing bags, leaving a little room at the top to gather and twist tie them closed.
Next, I cut a piece of green paper 12" by 4", scored it along the top (12") at 1" down.
Then I cut fringe about 3" almost to the score line.
I ran ATG tape along the 1" below the score line and wound the "grass" paper around the top of the carrot, covering the twist tie.  I secured the beginning and end with a large glue dot for extra security.
Finally I curled the fringe with a pencil and added my cute tag.
 
My Tag was made with Just Tags die set, Scallop and Stitched Circle die set and Happy Hunting stamp set, all from My Creative  Time.
 
Additional Supplies I Used:
Icing Bags  -  Wilton
6 ounce bag of Crunchy Cheese Doodles
Flower Power 12x12 Stack  -  DCWV
Sheer Ribbon, Celebrate It  -  Michaels
Honeydew Twine  -  The Twinery
Glossy Accents and Green Stickles
 
That's it for my today! I hope you enjoyed my project. Have a wonderful Easter Sunday with your loved ones!

5 comments:

Will said...

Lucky kids who have Cathryn for a mom!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute! Happy Easter!

jessica said...

These are awesome Cathryn!!!
I know the kids will love them!
Thanks for sharing and hope you had a GREAT Easter!!!

Kim H said...

Cathryn ~ OMG! These are so COOL, CUTE and CLEVER!!! I LOVE how you did the tops of these carrots! Did you use your Silhouette?? YEAH if you did! I LOVE what you filled them with too ~ my down fall in those bags! Lucky kiddos! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Pam said...

What a cute idea!