Thursday, July 8, 2021

ARTISTICALLY INKED GIFT BOX TUTORIAL with SCALLOPED CONTOURS - Stampin' Up!



Hi Friends!
Today I made a rectangle Gift Box using Artistically Inked stamp set, Artistict dies, Scalloped Contours dies and Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper.  The box measures  4  x  2 3/4  x  1 1/4".  This is the perfect size box for small gifts, treats and/or a Gift Card.



I started with a pieces of Pear Pizzazz Cardstock sized  8 1/2  x  7".
I scored the  8 1/2"  side at:
1/2,  3 1/4,  4 1/2  and  7 1/4".
I scored the  7"  side at:
1 1/4,  5 1/4  and  6 1/2".
Below is a picture of what your Cardstock should look like after scoring, folding, cutting and rounding the corners of the flap with the Detail Trio Punch.
You can also watch my Video Tutorial where I explain each step in cutting and putting the box together.
I put the box together using Tear and Tape.


I attached 4 pieces of Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper in sizes:
(1)  3 3/4  x  2 1/2"  for the top
(2)  3 3/4  x  1"  for the long sides
(2)  2 1/2  x  1"  for the short sides
I attached the DSP to the box with Liquid Glue.


I cut a Scalloped Rectangle from Basic White Cardstock using the Scalloped Contours dies.
I stamped the sentiment, from Artistically Inked stamp set, onto the top-right corner with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I attached the Rectangle to the center of the top of the box with Liquid Glue.
I stamped the small flower image, from the same stamp set, with Pale Papaya Ink onto Basic White Cardstock.  I cut it out with the Artistic dies.
I cut the leaves from Pear Pizzazz Cardstock using the Artistic dies also.


I cut apart the leaves and placed them on the rectangle how I thought I would like them.  I loosely put the flower on top and adjusted the leaves to exactly where I wanted them.  Then I put Dimensionals on the back of the flower and pressed it down on top of the leaves to secure them both.  If some of the leaves do not feel secure you can add a little Liquid Glue behind them.
For the final touch I added 3 Gold Metallic Pearls to the middle of the flower.



Supplies:
Artistically Inked stamp set
Artistic dies
Scalloped Contours dies
Expressions in Ink Designer Series Paper
Pear Pizzazz Cardstock
Basic White Cardstock
Pale Papaya Ink
Tuxedo Black Ink
Metallic Pearls
Simply Scored Scoring Tool
Take Your Pick Tool
Tear and Tape
Liquid Glue
Dimensionals

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today.  I hope you enjoyed my project today.
See you next time!

Love and Hugs,
Cathryn








No comments: