Friday, April 24, 2020

Strawberry Box for Ferraro Rocher with Stampin' Up

Hi Friends,
Today I made an Adorable box shaped like a Strawberry.  I sized it to fit a Ferraro Rocher.



I used a 6" bowl as a pattern to draw a circle on a piece of Brights 6 x 6 DSP.  You can use a smaller or larger plate or bowl for your pattern.  It will make your Strawberry bigger or smaller.
Next I folded the circe in a half circle, then fold it in half 2 more times.
Then cut the end that it not pointy into a petal shape.  You can see my Video here  to illustrate how to do it.

Leaving it still folded up, punch a hole through all the layers with a small hole punch.  If you don't have a heavy duty punch do a section or 2 at a time, then make a pencil mark on the next section and so on.  Then I opened up the circle and cut of two of the sections.  I glued the first section to the last section to join.


Once the Berry Bottom glue has dried I threaded a piece of Linen Thread through each hole punched going from outside to inside on EACH hole.  Put whatever you want inside in the Berry now (I put chocolate).  Gently pull the two ends of the Thread until the Strawberry takes shape and tie a once over knot.


To make the Strawberry top I used the Medium Daisy Punch. I punched 1 out of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and 1 out of Pear Pizzaz Cardstock .  Place a dot of glue on the daisy color you want on the bottom and attach them together offsetting the petals.  Punch a hole in the middle of the flowers.  Use the Linen Thread attached to the bottom of the Strawberry to put through the hole in the Daisies.


I used a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to stamp the sentiment from A Wish for Everything stamp set.  Then I backed it with a piece of Real Red Cardstock.  I added some Metallic Pearls, punched a hole and threaded it  onto the Linen Thread and tied a bow.
I originally saw a version of this a few years ago on Red Ted Art.


Stampin' Up Supplies:
Brights 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper
A Wish for Everything stamp set
Medium Daisy Punch
Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzaz and Real Red Cardstock
Metallic Pearls
Linen Thread
Tombo Liquid Glue
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Thank you for stopping by today. If you have a question or comment please let me know here or on my Youtube Video comment section.
 I hope you enjoyed the Strawberry Box! See You Soon.

No comments: