Monday, March 1, 2021

Snailed it Simple Gift Bag Tutorial - Stampin' Up!



Hi Friends,
My Project today is a Gift Bag I made with the Snailed It Stamp Set.  It measures  3 1/2  x  4 1/4  x  1 3/4".  I also used Snail dies, Snail Mail Designer Series Paper, Banners Pick a Punch and Stampin' Blends.  You can make 1 of these bags out of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11" Cardstock or 2 from a piece of 12 x 12 DSP.



I started with a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock sized  11 x  6".
I scored the 11" side at:
1/2,  4,  4 7/8,  5 3/4,  9 1/4  and  10 1/8".
I scored the 6" side at:
1 3/4".
To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I attached a  4  x  3 1/4"  piece of the Snail Mail DSP to the front of the bag with Stampin' Seal.
I cut a piece of Pool Party Cardstock with the postage stamp die from Snail dies and attached it to the box with Liquid Glue.
I die cut the snail from the DSP with the matching die from Snail dies and attached it to the Pool Party die cut with Liquid Glue also.


I stamped the mushroom image from Snailed It stamp set onto Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the image with my Stampin' Blends:
Light Flirty Flamingo for the spots and underside of the large mushroom.
Light Smokey Slate for the mushroom stems.
Light and Dark Daffodil Delight for the small mushrooms.
Light Mossy Meadow for the grass and leaves.
I attached the mushrooms, with Mini Dimensionals and Dimensionals, to the front of the box.


I closed the top of the bag with a Clever Clasp placed in the middle of the top.
I tied a bow with Pool Party Sheer Ribbon and attached it with a Glue Dot to the middle of the Clever Clasp.


I stamped the sentiment from Snailed It stamp set, onto a piece of Basic White Carstock sized 7/8" wide, with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I cut both ends using the Banners Pick a Punch.
I curled the flagged end slightly with a bone folder and attached it under the end of the Clever Clasp.
For the final touch I added 3 Resin Heart Embellishments to the top of the tag.



Supplies:

Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog.  I hope you enjoyed my project today.
See you soon!

Love and Hugs,
Cathryn

No comments: