Monday, May 18, 2020

Birthday Candle Matchbox with Best Dressed

Hi Friends!
I am so excited about the project I have for today.  I made a Birthday Matchbox complete with a candle to blow out!  I used the Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper, Small Bloom Punch and 1 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, all from Stampin' Up.

You Can See My Video Tutorial HERE.

I used an actual small matchbox for the inside box and made a sleeve to dress it up a bit.


I stamped the "Birthday Wishes" Sentiment from A Wish for Everything stamp set on a piece of  2 1/16  x  1 3/8"  Best Dressed DSP.
I attached the piece to the top of the matchbox.  I attached another of the same size to the bottom.  I covered the inside bottom of the box with a piece of   2  x  1 1/4" Petal Pink Cardstock.


 I used an Eyelet as a holder for the candle.  In order to make the Birthday Candle fit I cut the candle to the length of the box and shaved the bottom so it would fit snuggly in the eyelet.
I punched a hole in the top left part of the box top for the candle and eyelet to fit in.


To make the sleeve a used a  2 1/8  x  4 1/2"  piece of the Best Dressed DSP.  I gently folded it around the box making sure to bend around the corners.  I took it off and folded the corners straightly.  I wrapped it around and attached it to itself with Snail.


I stamped a piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Witty-Cisms stamp set.  I punched it out with a 1 1/8" circle punch and attached it to a piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock that I cut out with the 1 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.  I attached the piece to the box with Dimensionals.


 For the final touch I cut flowers with the Small Bloom Punch  (2 flowers out of Melon Mambo and 1 out of Petal Pink).  I attached them together with glue dots and then to the box with a bit of glue.  I added an Epoxy droplet on the flower and some pink pearls on the sentiment.


You Can Shop for these supplies With Me Here.

Stampin' Up Supplies:
A Wish For Everything Stamp Set
Witty-Cisms Stamp Set
Best Dressed 6 x 6" Designer Series Paper
1 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
1 1/8" Circle Punch
Small Bloom Punch
Melon Mambo Stampin' Pad
Memento Tuxedo Black Pad
Melon Mambo Cardstock
Petal Pink Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Snail Adhesive
Glue Dots
Liquid Adhesive
Dimentionals

Matchboxes from Dollar Tree
Eyelets from my stash
Birthday Candles

I hope you like my project today.  I especially enjoyed making this one!
See you Soon.

No comments: