Friday, May 15, 2020

Tasseled Box using Bird Ballad

Hi Friends!
My project for today is a Box that pinches at the top.  I used Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper from Stamping' Up and my own home made tassel.



I Started with a piece of Bird Ballad DSP measuring  7 x 7 3/4". 

I Scored the 7" side at:
2,  3 1/4,  5 1/4  and  6 1/2

I Scored the 7 3/4" side at:
1 1/4  and  5 3/4"

Then I Burnished the scores and cut out the shape of the box.  You can see my video tutorial here.
I assembled the box using snail.


To make the tassel I wound Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine around a 1 1/2" piece of cardboard 15 times.
I tied a piece of the twine around the top and cut the bottom.
Next I tied another piece of twine about 1/4" down  from the top.


I used the  1 3/8"  Scallop Circle Punch to punch a piece of Pool Party.
Then used a 1 1/8" Circle punch to punch a piece of Petal Pink and attached it (with Dimensions) to the Scallop Circle.
I punched two flowers out of Pool Party cardstock with the Small Bloom Punch, attached them together with glue dots.
I attached the flowers to the middle of the Scallop and Circle piece.
I placed the string of the tassel on the back of the Scallop piece with dimentionals.  I then attached it onto the front flap of the box.


I attached Adhesive Velcro on the inside flap and front of the box for a closure.



Stampin' Up Supplies
Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
Pool Party Cardstock
Petal Pink Cardstock
1 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
1 1/8" Circle Punch
Small Bloom Punch
Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine
Simply Score
Snail Adhesive
Glue Dots
Dimensionals

I hope you liked my project today!  See you next time.

No comments: