Monday, May 4, 2020

Pressed Petals Double Flip Top Box

Hi Friends!

Today's project is a  Double Flip Top Box  that measures 4 1/8  x  3".  I used Pressed Petals Designer Series Paper which is retiring this month.



I started with a piece of Merry Merlot  10 1/4  x 5".
I scored the long side at  2 1/8,  3 , 7 ,  7 7/8".
I scored the short side at  1 and  4".

I used 2 pieces of  10 x 15/16"  and scored them at  5.  Then folded both sides together and scored at  1  and  4".

Then I burnished the score lines and did some cutting.  You can watch my video tutorial for the instructions here.


I put the box together with Tear and Tape.
For the top decoration is used:
1 piece of Merry Merlot   2 3/4  x  2 1/4".
1 piece of Very Vanilla   2 1/2  x  2.
I used the Delightful Tag Topper punch of the Very Vanilla piece.
I rounded the corners on the Merry Merlot and only the bottom of the Very Vanilla.


 I used "A Wish for Everything" stamp set for the Mother's Day Sentiment and "Free as a Bird" stamp set for the Friendship sentiment.


 I attached some linen thread to the back of the sentiment card and attached the card with dimentionals to the Merry Merlot piece.
Then I put adhesive on the top part only of the back of the Merry Merlot piece and attached it to the top side of the box.

 

I punched 3 flowers out of Merry Merlot with the Small Bloom Punch.  I pushed the middles down on a set mat with a Bic Pen, added Metallic Pearls and attached them to the sentiment card with glue dots.
I punched 3 sets of leaves with the Leaf Punch (Retiring this month) and attached them under the blooms with glue.  I added some Metallic Pearls around the Mother's Day sentiment.  I did not show that on my Video Tutorial.



Stampin Up! Supplies:

Pressed Petals Designer Series Paper
A Wish for Everything stamp set
Free as a Bird stamp set
Merry Merlot Cardstock
Verry Vanilla Cardstock
Old Olive Cardstock
Small Bloom Punch
Leaf Punch
Delightful Tag Topper Punch
Simply Score
Wink of Stella
Memento Tuxedo Black stamp pad
Metallic Pearls
Linen Thread
Glue Dots
Snail Adhesive

Thank you for stopping by today!  I would love to see your version of this box!
If you have any questions or suggestions for other projects please comment below.

No comments: