Monday, December 21, 2020

Mini Stationery Box with Have a Hoot



Shop Stampin' Up! Here


Hi Friends!
My project today is a little fold over box that holds mini sticky notes, clips and a little pen.  I used Have a Hoot stamp set, Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper, Metallic Mesh Ribbon, Layering Oval dies and the Delightful Tag Topper Punch.  I used Tis' the Season DSP and Sheer Red Ribbon for the original box.



I started with a piece of Balmy Blue Cardstock sized  9 3/4  x  3 1/2".
I scored the 9 3/4" side at:
3/4,  4 1/2,  5 1/4  and  9".
I scored the 3 1/2" side at:
3/4  and  2 3/4".

To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I added some Plaid Tidings DSP, (for the original project I used Tis' the Season DSP) in sizes:
(1)  3 5/8  x  1 7/8"
(2)  3 5/8  x  5/8"
(2)  1 7/8  x  5/8"
I attached the DSP to the box using Stampin' Seal.


I stamped the image from Have a Hoot stamp set onto Whisper White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the image with Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Soft Suede
Light and Dark Smokey Slate
Dark Balmy Blue (for the original I used Dark Real Red for the hats)


I cut out the image with an Oval die from the Layering Oval dies.
I also used the same dies to cut a Scallop Oval out of Balmy Blue.
I attached the image to the Scallop with Liquid Glue and the Scallop to the box with Dimensionals.
I tied Metallic Mesh Ribbon around the box as shown in the picture.


To make the Sticky Note cover I started with a piece of Coordinating DSP that was sized
Just over 2" x  4 3/4".
I punched one end with the Delightful Tag Topper Punch.
I folded the paper around the sticky note pad (from Dollar Tree) starting with the front flap.  I made a mark with a pencil at the point where I wanted to trim the paper and cut it off with my Paper Trimmer.
I took the paper off the notes and sharpened the folds with my bone folder.
I attached the notes to the DSP with Stampin' Seal+ on the back of the pad.
I added Slim Velcro dots for the closure and added a Blue Adhesive Backed Gem over the hole.
I covered some clips with scraps of DSP and added them to the box with the notes and a pen from the Dollar Tree.



Supplies:
'Tis the Season Designer Series Paper
Stampin' Blends:
Sticky Notes - Dollar Tree
Small Pens - Dollar Tree

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed my project.
See you next time!

No comments: