Friday, July 31, 2020

Twisted Bag for Kisses with Freezin' Friends - Stampin' Up!

Hi Friends!
My post today is a bag that has a square bottom and a flat top!  I call it a twisted bag.  This is the perfect project for your 6x6" papers.  I made this bag to fit some Hershey Kisses.
I used the new Freezin' Fun stamp set, Freezin' Friends dies and Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper.  These supplies are available for purchase on August 4.



I started with a piece of Trimming the Town DSP that was  5 1/2  x  4  3/4"
I scored the  5 1/2" side at:
2 1/2  and  5"
Turn the paper a quarter turn to the 4 3/4" side,
I scored the 4 3/4" side at:
1 1/4"
Turn the paper another quarter turn:
Score ONLY to the 1st scoreline at:
1 3/4 and 4 1/4"
To cut and put the box together you can watch my video tutorial here.


I stamped the Penguin and Snow Board image from Freezin' Fun stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the image with Stampin' Blends:
Mossy Meadow - light and dark
Real Red - light and dark
Smokey - Slate dark
Night of Navy - light and dark
Pumpkin - Pie dark
Daffodil Delight - dark


I attached both pieces to the bag with Dimensionals.
I added some Wink of Stella to the hat and scarf.
I punched an oval hole in the top of the bag with the Detail Trio Punch.
In one of the bags I tied Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, in the other bag I tied Real Red Sheer Ribbon.




Stampin' Up Supplies:
Freezin' Fun stamp set - Available Aug. 4
Freezin' Friends die set - Available Aug. 4
Trimming the Town DSP - Available Aug. 4
Detail Trio Punch
Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
Dark Smokey Slate Stampin' Blend
Light and Dark Real Red Stampin' Blend
Light and Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blend
Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend
Light and Dark Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blend
Tuxedo Black Ink
Tear and Tape
Wink of Stella
Hershey Kisses

I hope you enjoyed my project today.
See you next time!

3 comments:

Carol-Ann said...

Hi Cathryn, I made your little treat bags as gifts for class attendees. Thanks for the tutorial. They look great and are a perfect size for a Whittakers treat bar.

Cathryn said...

Thank you so much Carol-Ann. I am so glad you made them for your friends, that makes me so happy.

Unknown said...

These are adorable!