Monday, February 22, 2021

FLOWER and FIELD SPRINGTIME JOY KitKat-Mini BOX TUTORIAL - Stampin' Up!


Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends!
I got a request for a box that will hold KitKat minis candy.  I decided I would get the KitKat bars with the spring wrappers.  I made this box to hold 2 KitKat bars but it will also hold Ghirardelli Bunny candy and many other small candies.  The finished box measures  3  x  2  x  3/4".  I used Springtime Joy stamp set, Flower and Field Designer Series paper, Layering Circle dies and Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon.



I started with a piece of Flower and Fields Designer Series Paper sized  6  x  4 3/4".
I scored the 6" side at:
1/2,  2 1/2,  3 1/4  and  5 1/4".
I scored the 4 3/4" side at:
3/4  and  3 3/4".
To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I attached Thin Velcro dots inside the top flap and on the front of the box for the closure.  You could tie a ribbon around the top and tie a bow in the front if you do not have the velcro dots.
I stamped the Basket and Chick images from Springtime Joy stamp set onto Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the Basket with the following Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Soft Suede for the basket
Dark Daffodil Delight and Dark Flirty Flamingo for the eggs.
I used Light Pool Party to make a shadow around the basket.
For the chick I used Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Daffodil Delight for the body
Dark Mango Madness for the beak


I cut the basket and Flirty Flamingo Scallop Circle out with Layering Circle dies.
I attached the Basket Image to the Scallop Circle with Liquid Glue.
I attached the entire piece to the front of the box with Liquid Glue also.
I fussy cut the chick out and attached it to the box with Mini Dimensionals.


I cut a tag from Flirty Flamingo Cardstock using the Hydrangea dies.
I stamped the sentiment from Hydrangea Hill stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I attached the tag to the middle of the top flap with Liquid Glue.
I tied a bow with Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon and attached it to the top of the tag with a Glue Dot.
For the final touch I added Wink of Stella to the chick and eggs.



Supplies:
Mini Dimensionals

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today.  Thank you for stopping by.
See you next time!

No comments: