Monday, February 8, 2021

Kangaroo and Company Valentine's Goody Bag Tutorial with True Love Designer Series Paper


Shop Stampin' Up! Here


Hi Friends!
My project today is a tutorial for a Valentine's Goody Bag.  I used the Kangaroo and Company stamp set, True Love Designer Series Paper, Layering Circle and Layering Oval dies and Resin Heart Embellishiments.  You can get 2 of these bags from 1 piece of 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Cardstock.


I started with a  7 1/2  x  5 1/2" piece of Real Red Cardstock.
I scored the 7 1/2" side at:
1/2,  2 3/4,  4  and  6 1/4".
I scored the 5 1/2" side at:
1 1/4,
at 4 1/4" ONLY to the first scoreline, skip the 2 1/4"  strip, score 1 1/4"  strip, Skip next  2 1/4" strip and score final 1 1/4" strip.
If this is hard to understand please watch my Video Tutorial Here.
To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I attached 2 pieces of True Love Designer Series paper sized
2  x  4".
I rounded the tops of both pieces, with the Detail Trio Punch,  and attached them to the front and back of the box.
Next I used one of the Layering Oval dies to cut the handles in both the front and back of the box.
With your thumb and index finger at the front of the box up right below the handles, squeeze the box together letting the sides point out.
I tied strips of Glittered Organdy and Real Red cotton ribbon around the handles.


I stamped the medium sized Kangaroo, from Kangaroo and Company stamp set, onto Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the image with Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Crumb Cake for the body
Light Petal Pink for the inside of the ear
Light Smokey Slate for the nose
I cut the Kangaroo out with the Kangaroo dies.
I cut a circle out of Basic White and a Scallop Circle out of Real red using the Layering Circle dies.
I stamped the sentiment to the upper right hand side of the circle and attached the Kangaroo on the lower left side with Liquid Glue.
I also used Liquid Glue to attached the Basic White Circle to the Real Red Scallop Circle.
I attached the entire piece to the front of the box with Dimensionals.


For the final touch I added some Resin Heart Embellishments around the Kangaroo.

You can shop for your Stampin' Up! supplies with Me Here.

Supplies:
Stampin' Blends: Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light Smokey Slate and Light Petal Pink

Thank you for stopping by my Blog today.  I appreciate the time you take to watch my videos too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your cute design. Love it! I used the heart punch and the sweet snail dsp, hope to bring a smile to someones face