Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Hey Chick Reese's Egg Treat Box - Stampin' Up!


Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends!
Today I made a Treat Box using the Adorable Hey Chick stamp set and Chick dies.  This bundle and the Birthday Chick bundle are only available to purchase until the end of June.  The box will hold 6 of the mini Reeses Eggs.  I also used Arrange a Wreath stamp set and Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper.



I started with a piece of Pretty Peacock Cardstock sized  9 x 7".
I scored the 9" side at:
1 1/2,  2 1/4,  5 1/4  and  6".
I scored the 7" side at:
3/4,  1 1/2,  5 1/2  and  6 1/4".
To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial here.


I attached a few pieces of Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper to the box with Stampin' Seal Adhesive.
(2)  3 3/4  x  2 3/4"
(1)  3 3/4  x  1 1/4"
(1)  3 3/4  x  3/4"
I stamped the sentiment "Happy Easter" from Arrange a Wreath stamp set onto the inside flap piece of DSP.


I stamped the Chick Images from Hey Chick Stamp Set onto Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored the Chick with Stampin' Blends:
Light Smokey Slate - around the edges of the Chick
Light and Dark Daffodil Delight - Hair
Dark Mango Melody - Beak
Light Pumpkin Pie - Feet
I cut the Image out with the corresponding die from Chick dies.
I used the Chick dies to cut several pieces of Cardstock for the front of the box.
Smokey Slate - Chicken Wire Fence
Mossy Meadow - Corn Stalk
Old Olive - Corn Ends
Bumblebee - Corn


I used Liquid Glue, a Silicone Mat and a wedge of a Stamping Sponge to attach the die cuts to the front of the box.  I attached the Chick last with Dimensionals on the back of the Head and Belly.
I wrapped 6 Mini Reese's eggs in a cellophane bag and slipped them into the box.


I stamped the "hey chick" sentiment onto a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock, cut it by hand and punched a small hole in the front.
I wound Linen Thread around the bottom of the box 2 times.  I strung the sentiment onto the bottom piece of twine and them tied a bow at the base of the Cornstalk.
For the final touch I added some light blue Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels around the box.



Supplies:

I hope you enjoyed my Treat Box today.
See you next time!

No comments: