Friday, September 18, 2020

Have a Hoot Owl Halloween Box - Stampin' Up!

Hi Friends!
My project today is a long box measuring  4 3/4  x  2 3/4  x  3/4".  I used Have a Hoot stamp set, Peek a Hoot dies, Stitched Nested Label dies and Layering Circle dies.  I made this box to fit one of the cute Pumpkin Brownies from Little Debbie snacks.  It will also fit Pop Rocks candy, fun size candy bars and many other things.




I started with a piece of Basic Black Cardstock  7 1/2  x  6 3/4".
I scored the 7 1/2" side at:
3/4,  3 1/2,  4 1/4  and  7"
I scored the 6 3/4" side at:
3/4,  5 1/2  and 6 1/4"

To cut and put the box together please watch my video Tutorial here.


I attached a piece of 4 5/8  x  2 5/8" Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper to the top of the box with Stampin' Seal.
I cut a piece of Highland Heather Cardstock with the 2nd largest die of the Stitched Nested Label dies.
I stamped the caped owl image on the bottom of the label and the sentiment on the top left.  I colored the branches only with light and dark Soft Suede Stampin' Blends.
I cut a Circle from Daffodil Delight Cardstock and a Scalloped Circle from Basic Black Cardstock (both from the Layering Circle dies). I attached the circles together and then to the top right hand side of the label with liquid glue.


I stamped another owl image and cut it out with the corresponding Peek-a-Hoot die.  I colored the image with Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Crumb Cake
Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie
Dark Daffodil Delight
I attached the owl,  on top of the owl already stamped on the label and overlapping the moon, with Dimensionals.


I cut three bats out of Basic Black Cardstock with the Halloween Magic dies.  I bent the wings up and attached them on the box with Liquid Glue.  I added some sparkle to the bats with Wink of Stella.
I cut the branches from the Peek-a-Hoot dies out of Soft Suede Cardstock and poked then under the owl.
I attached the label onto the box with 5 Dimensionals on the back.



Supplies:
Small Circle Punch
Light and Dark Crumb Cake
Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie
Dark Soft Suede
Dark Daffodil Delight

No comments: