Monday, January 18, 2021

Darling Donkeys Iddy Biddy Hearts Valentine Box Tutorial


Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends!
My Project today is a gift box to fit some Russel Stover Iddy Biddy Chocolate Hearts.  I used Darling Donkeys stamp set (available for free with a $50 purchase), Layering Ovals dies, Always in my Heart stamp set, Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper, Clever Clasps and Banners Pick a Punch.



I started with a piece of Poppy Parade Cardstock sized  10  x  5".
I scored the 10" side at:
3 1/4  and  4 1/4"
I scored the 5" side at:
1  and  4"

To cut and put the box together please watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I attached Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper in sizes:
(1)  5 1/2  x  2 3/4"
(1)  3  x  2 3/4"
(2)  5 1/2  x  3/4
Put the  5 1/2  x  3/4"  strips on the sides AFTER you put the box together.
Then cut out the side pieces as shown above.


I stamped the image from Darling Donkeys stamp set with Tuxedo Black Ink onto Basic White Cardstock.
I colored the donkey with Stampin' Blends:
Dark Gray Granite for the Mouth, lower ears, tail, hair and hooves.
Light and Dark Smokey Slate for the Donkey's Body,
Light Petal Pink for the lower ears,
Dark Real Red for the Rose and
Light Shaded Spruce for the stem and leaf.
I cut the image out with the Layering Ovals dies and backed it with a Poppy Parade Scallop Oval.
I attached the image to the scallop oval with Liquid Glue and the entire piece to the front of the box with Dimensionals.


I put my Chocolate Hearts into the box.
I embossed the sentiment from Always in my Heart stamp set onto Poppy Parade Cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder and a Heat Tool.
I cut the end with the Banners Pick a Punch.
I bent a 1/4" piece of the top of the strip back and attached it to the top of the box with a Clever Clasp.


For the final touches I added a few things.
I tied a bow with Real Red Sheer Ribbon and attached it to the middle of the Clever Clasp with a Glue Dot.
I put some Wink of Stella on the rose and added some Red Resin Heart Embellishments.



Supplies:
Trimming the Tree Designer Series Paper

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Thank you for coming.
See you next time!

No comments: