Friday, January 22, 2021

Darling Donkeys Valentine Treat Box


Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends!
My project today is a  3 1/4  x  2 3/4  x  3/4"  Valentine Treat Box.   I used Darling Donkeys stamp set,  Many Hearts dies and Brights 6x6 Designer Series Paper.  You can get 2 of these boxes from 1 sheet of   8 1/2 x 11" piece of Cardstock.  This is great for gifts for the classroom, office, etc!



I started with a piece of Poppy Parade (or Cherry Cobbler) Cardstock sized  10  x  4 1/4".
I scored the 10" side at:
3 1/4,  4,  7 1/4  and  8".
I scored the  4 1/4"  side at:
3/4  and  3 1/2".

To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial Here.


I added some of the Brights (or Regals) Designer Series Paper in sizes:
(2)  3 1/8  x  2 5/8"
(1)  1 7/8  x  2 5/8"
(1)  5/8  x  2 5/8"

I used Stampin' Seal to attache the piece to the box on the front, back, top of lid and front flap.


I cut the solid heart from Poppy Parade Cardstock and the slim heart from Basic White Cardstock using the Many Hearts dies.
I embossed the "kick" marks to the Poppy Parade heart using Versamark Ink, White Stampin' Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.
I attached the Poppy Parade Heart to the front flap with Liquid Glue.
I attached the Basic White Heart on top of the Red by placing a few dots of Liquid Glue where needed.
I added a thin Velcro Dots to the inside of the lid and front of the box for the closure.


I stamped the Donkey and sentiment form Darling Donkeys stamp set onto Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.  I colored it with Stampin' Blends:
Dark Petal Pink
Light Crumb Cake
Dark and Light Smokey Slate.


I attached the Donkey on top of the Hearts with Stampin' Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals.
I hand cut the sentiment and attached it to the box with Liquid Glue.
For the final touch I tied Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon under the lid and tied a bow at the top.



Supplies:
Darling Donkeys stamp set (free with $50 purchase)
Dark Petal Pink
Light Crumb Cake
Light and Dark Smokey Slate

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  If you have any questions please  let me know in the comments.
See you next time!

No comments: