Saturday, January 9, 2021

Kangaroo & Company Baby Card Tutorial


Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends!
I was recently asked to make a card video so I thought I would oblige!  I made a baby card using Kangaroo & Company stamp set and Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper.  Both are new products in the new Jan - June Mini Catalog.  I also used Layering Circle dies and the Greenery Embossing Folder.



I cut a piece of Cardstock in half to measure  8 1/2  x  5 1/2.  I folded it in half to make my card.
I cut a piece of Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper to:
2  x  5 1/4".
I cut a piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock to:
2 3/4  x  5 1/4".
I Embossed the Blushing Bride Cardstock with one of the Greenery Embossing Folders.
I attached the DSP to the right side of the card first with Stampin' Seal.
I attached the Blushing Bride Embossed Carstock to the right side of the card.


I cut a Scallop Circle out of Whisper White Cardstock and a Circle out of Blushing Bride Cardstock using the Layering Circle dies.
I cut a piece of Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon to 11" long.
I bent it in half and attached it, in a diagonal, to the card.
I put a small piece of scotch tape in the middle to secure it. (make sure it is small enough for the scallop circle to cover it)
I glued the Blushing Bride Circle on to the Whisper White Scallop and stamped the sentiment on the top right side with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I attached them both to the center of the card, covering the tape on the ribbon, with Dimensionals.


I stamped the Mama and Baby Kangaroo onto Whisper White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Ink.
I colored them with Stampin' Blends:
Light and Dark Crumb Cake,
Light Flirty Flamingo for the ears,
Light Basic Black for the nose.


I cut the Kangaroos out with the Kangaroo dies.
I used Liquid Glue to put the baby into the Mama's pouch.
Then I glued them both onto the Blushing Bride Circle.
For the final touch I added some Opal Rounds to the top and bottom of the card.


Supplies:
Whisper White Cardstock

Thank you for stopping by my Blog today.
See you next time!

No comments: