Friday, October 2, 2020

Poinsettia Petals Purse - Stampin' Up!


Hi Friends!
My project today is  4 x 4 x 1 1/4" Purse box.  I used Poinsettia Petals stamp set, Poinsettia dies and Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper.



I started with a piece of Real Red Cardstock sized  11  x  7 3/4".
I scored the 11" side at:
1/2,  4 1/2,  5 3/4  and  9 3/4"
I scored the 7 3/4" side at:
1 1/4,  5 1/4  and  5 3/4"

To cut and put the box together you can watch my Video Tutorial here.


I attached Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper on the front, back and flaps of the purse sized:
(2)  3 3/4  x  3 3/4"
(1)  3 3/4  x  1 3/4"
I rounded the corners of the flap and DSP for the flap with the Detail Trio Punch.
I attached Velcro Dots under the flap and to the front of the box.


I punched 2 holes in the top of the box with a 1/8" hole punch.  I poked a 10" length of Real Red Sheer Ribbon through the holes and knotted them on the inside of the box for the handle.
I stamped the sentiment on a scrap piece of Pear Pizzazz Cardstock, cut it by eye and attached a piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock behind it.  I attached the sentiment to the bottom left side of the purse.


To make the flower I stamped Real Red Cardstock with Real Red Ink using the Poinsettia Petals stamp set.
I stamped 1 of the largest sections,
2 of the next size down,
and 2 of the smaller size.
I cut them out using the Poinsettia dies and attached them together with glue dots.
I cut 2 of the sprigs out of Silver Foil Paper.


I attached the top half of the flower to the Purse Flap with Liquid Glue.  While that glue was still fresh I stuck in the 2 silver sprigs.
I attached a Beaded Pearl to the middle of the flower with 3 glue dots.
For the final touch I added 3 Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the sentiment strip.



Supplies:

I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Be well!