Friday, October 30, 2020

Thanksgiving Hostess Gift Box - Stampin' Up!



Shop Stampin' Up! Here

Hi Friends,
My project today is a  3  x  3  x  1" box with a Belly Band.  I made it to be a Thanksgiving Favor or Hostess Gift Box.  I used Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper, Arrange a Wreath stamp set, Hippo and Friends dies and Layering Circle dies.



I started with a  11 x 5"  piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock.
I scored the 11" side at:
3, 4, 7 and 8"
I scored the 5" side at:
1 and 4"
For the Belly Band I used a  9 1/2  x  1 1/4" piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock.
To cut and put the box and Belly Band together please watch my video tutorial here.


I attached the Gilded Autumn DSP to the top and sides of the box in sizes:
(1)  2  3/4  x  2  3/4"
(4)  2  3/4  x  1"
I used the Detail Trio Punch to round the corners of the bottom of the larger piece.


I used a die from the Hippo and Friends dies to cut some Gold Foil paper for the large label and the sentiment label from Cajun Craze Cardstock, for the top of the box.  I used the Layering Circle dies to cut the circle out of the same DSP and the Scallop from Cajun Craze Cardstock.
I stamped the small label with a sentiment from Arrange a Wreath stamp set with Versamark Ink.  I sprinkled it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and Embossed it with my Heat Tool.


 I wound the Belly band snuggly (not too tight, but not loose) around the box and glued the ends (with Liquid Glue) to each other at the top of the box.  Make sure it can be pulled off the box with reasonable ease.
Next I removed the belly band and glued the gold label over the joined ends of the band with Liquid Glue.
I attached the Scallop circle and smooth circle together with Liquid Glue, then attached it on top of the gold label with Dimensionals.
I attached the Sentiment Label on top of the pile with more Dimensionals.
I tied a double strand of the Gold Cord from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack.  I attached the bow to the box with a Glue Dot.



Supplies:

I hope you enjoyed my project today!  If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know in the comments.  See you next time!