Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Candle Gift Box with Trimming the Town - Stampin' Up!



Shop Stampin' Up! here.

Hi Friends!
My project today is a gift box for a small candle jar.  I got the candle at Marshalls for about $3.  The box measures  5  x  2 1/2  x  2 1/2".  The candle is approximately  3 3/4  x  2 1/4".  I used Coming Home stamp set, Home Together dies, Joyful Holly stamp set, Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper, Layering Circle dies and Stitched Shape dies.



I started with a piece of Old Olive Cardstock sized  10 1/2  x  8 1/4".
I scored the 10 1/2" side at:
1/2,  3,  5 1/2  and  8".
I scored the 8 1/4" side at:
2  and  5 3/4".
To cut and put the box together you can watch my video tutorial here.


I punched 2 holes in the flaps at the top of the box.  I put my candle inside and closed it with a piece of Real Red Sheer Ribbon tied in a bow at the front.
I attached 4 pieces of Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper to the 4 sides of the box sized 2 1/4  x  5 1/2".
I die cut the house and small tree from Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper using the Home Together dies.
I stamped the wreath using Coming Home stamp set and cut it with the corresponding die.
I colored the wreath with Dark Real Red and Light Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends.


I cut the Blue DSP Circle and Real Red Cardstock Scallop Circle using the Layering Circle dies.
I attached the Blue Circle to the Red Scallop Circle with Liquid Glue.  Then I attached the house and Tree to the Blue Circle also with liquid glue.
I attached the Wreath to the middle of the roof with Liquid Glue.


I cut an Oval out of Real Red Cardstock using the Stitched Shapes dies.
I stamped the sentiment from Joyful Holly stamp set, with Tuxedo Black Ink, onto the oval.
I cut a sprig of greenery from Mossy Meadow Cardstock with the Beautiful Boughs dies and glued it to the back of the oval label.
I punched a hole in the side of the scallop and tied it to the box with Gold Cord from Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack.


For the final touch I added Wink of Stella to the Sprig of Greenery and the Wreath.


Supplies:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
See you next time.

`

No comments: